Last Sunday I was watching Animation Domination on Fox (my normal routine). Generally, I DVR the event and skip through the commercials. But this Sunday was different. For some divine reason, I was watching live and was able to catch the trailer for Seth MacFarlane’s new movie, Ted.
As directed by the trailer I saw on TV (I always do what advertisements tell me), I headed over to TedisReal.com. Once there I was prompted to watch the “restricTED” trailer. What the hell kind of question is that? A trailer too bold for TV! Of course, I want to watch it!
Let’s be honest, normally there are just a few things different between a made for TV green band trailer, and the coveted Internet only red band trailer. However, this is not the case for Ted. The TV trailer made me laugh, the red band trailer made me laugh hysterically! I will be singing the “Fuck you thunder” song for weeks now (watch the trailer, you’ll get it then).
Here are my predictions:
- Ted will be hilarious, no question about it.
- If you like Family Guy / American Dad / The Cleveland Show you will like it.
- It will get a lot of shit from people saying that it is just shock humor, doesn’t follow a storyline, goes off on tangents, or any other stupid reasons why people claim to hate Family Guy. I know that not everyone likes MacFarlane or his masterpiece known as Family Guy, and I can accept that. Not everyone can appreciate edgy, raunchy, irrelevant, irrational comedy. But hey, who am I to judge.
- Normally I am not a fan of Mark Wahlberg, but for some reason I think the chemistry will work between him and a bong-hitting bear.
- And my final prediction, I predict that Mila Kunis will be smokin’ hot. (I think this is more of a fact than a prediction.)
Ted is not yet rated, but expect an R, and will hit theaters July 13, 2012.
Now that you have watched the trailer, what do you think?