Personally I am not a die-hard Dane Cook fan. But, I do think he is very funny, and he does keep me entertained. Seeing the previews for My Best Friend’s Girl kind of reminded me of Cook’s last film, Good Luck Chuck. Just basing my analysis off of the previews I was starting to think that Dane Cook was a one trick pony.
Well, guess what? Cook IS a one trick pony. My Best Friends Girl was filled from beginning to end with Dane Cook’s humor. There is no doubt that it was a Dane Cook film. The story was fairly typical and the be expected from the title. Basically Cook is an asshole to girls to save their relationships, gets hired by his best friend, and falls in love. So you see, the story is far from an original idea.
Even though the story was mediocre the film as a whole was actually pretty entertaining. The one-liners delivered by the entire cast make the film worth watching. I know I have been quoting parts of the film in conversations all day and am still laughing about it.
There is one problem with the movie though, and its name is Jason Biggs. You know, that guy from the American pie movies? He is a horrible actor, and really should just give up. Maybe he has a career in TV, but his 5 minutes of fame is over in the movie industry.
So is My Best Friend’s Girl worth watching? Well that depends.
- If you are a Dane Cook fan, then you will love this film.
- If you are a typical guy, that likes rude, vulgar, pornographic humor, then you will love this film.
- If you are on a date, I would pass it up, unless you both are Dane cook fans.
- If you are female, you will probably hate this film (Unless you are a Dane Cook fan)
- If you are looking for a film for the family, definitely pass it up.
All in all I was very impressed with the film. I just wish it had a better story to back the comedy.